Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wild Paul rides again

NOTE: This story has been updated with further information. See below 

So, it was announced this past week that Wild Paul Sigmund managed to get Pre-Trial Intervention (PTI) for his drug bust/assault on two police officers back last May.

Never mind that he apparently never went into rehab as was indicated in the days following his arrest.

Never mind that his family name and connections probably went a long way towards keeping him out of jail (for now).

So how come Mr. Law-abiding-I'm-going-to-make-it-all-ok-citizen is driving around in a beat up, older SUV that still has California plates on it?

The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission webpage plainly states:
Under New Jersey law, you must transfer your vehicle title (with or without a lien) within 60 days. To do this:
1. Visit your local MVC Agency with your original title
2. If your vehicle is financed, you will have to complete an application at an Agency to release the title. The lien holder will then send the title to the Agency and you will be notified when you can return to continue the process
3. Complete an application for Certificate of Ownership
4. Pay the transfer title fee:
    *$60 for standard vehicle
    *$85 for financed vehicle with one lien
    *$110 for a financed vehicle with two liens
5. If you don’t have a lien, you will be issued a receipt that you will need to keep to apply for your registration and receive your plates

If you have a leased vehicle:
1. Contact your leasing company–they will provide you with the required paperwork* to take to MVC. This paperwork will give you legal permission (power. of attorney) to transfer the title
2. Make sure you have enough identification to pass 6 Point ID Verification
3. Visit an MVC Agency and complete the Application for Certificate of Ownership (OS/SS-7) and registration application
4. Pay a $60 title fee
5. Your New Jersey title will be sent to the leasing company

Since Sigmund came back to NJ to work for Mayor Tony Mack last March, our calculations indicate that vehicle registration should have been transferred sometime in May. Why hasn’t it been done?

Keep in mind that he fled the scene of a fender bender auto accident in the Halo Farms parking lot in August. (Anyone know what the outcome of that court date was?)

Could there be problems with the title? Insurance? His license?

So, why was Mr. Paul driving around the streets of Mill Hill in his beat up, out of state registered vehicle at about 5:15 pm Sunday, September 25?

The seemingly un-focused, possibly intoxicated Sigmund claimed to be looking for a route to Trenton Social that bypassed the section of S. Broad Street closed for repaving.

We're guessing he wasn’t showing up for Sunday night salsa lessons.

Was he stopping in for a cold one? (Is that allowed when you are on PTI for a drug charge and supposed to be getting counseling/treatment?)

Or was he really trying to find his way down into South Trenton for other reasons?

Makes you wonder.

UPDATE: We received further information this morning that an apparently high or drunk or both Wild Paul did indeed arrive at Trenton Social last evening. It is reported that he inquired about watching a game on the TV and tried to bum a cigarette before being nicely shown the door. 

No comments: